Are you trying to connect with your audience on social media? If not, you’re missing out.
Luckily, most people know by now that a good social presence is vital to creating a modern brand. The problem is, not everyone knows how to do this. In fact, learning how to quickly grow social followers and how to gain more likes is the question on most social media marketers’ minds. And while social media isn’t typically the deciding factor in earning a sale or new client, it can play an important role leading up to that.
Keep reading to learn how to grow your social following and turn it into an audience that engages with your brand and, eventually, converts.
3 Tips for Quickly Gaining Likes on Your Social Media Accounts
1) Use Your Most Important Digital Real Estate to Promote Your Social Channels — Your Website
With so much of marketing’s energy focused on social media, it can be easy to forget the other place your audience regularly interacts with your brand. That is your website. Not only is this your ‘owned land’s opposed to social media being ‘rented land’s according to Joe Pulizzi of Content Marketing World, but it’s likely the main way that people find your organization.
As such, you should be using your web traffic to your advantage by promoting your social channels.
How to promote your social channels on your website:
- Include easy-to-find, easy-to-use social icons that will drive people to your social channels so you can further engage them. You can also try this on your email newsletters.
- Add a Twitter or Instagram feed to show off the cool content your website-only traffic is missing.
2) Connect With Other Social Influencers in Your Space
When it comes to social, there are so many brands out there creating great content and engaging their audiences. While the competition is high, the good news is that you simply don’t have to reinvent the wheel or start from scratch.
It might seem difficult to get the most influential players in your space to sit up and take notice–or to grant your requests of featuring your brand on their social channels–but remember that you all have one thing in common. You both want to engage your audiences. If you can prove that you can help them do that, you’ll surely get their attention.
Ideally, you’ll want to end up with a brand that serves your same audience, but offers something different from–or complementary to–your product or service. For example, if your company sells dishwashers, team up with one that sells dishes. That’s just one simple example among many possibilities.
How to gain followers from social partnerships:
- Perform an audit of your current audience members and/or your ideal audience members. Look into who they’re following on social media and identify any trends there.
- When teaming up, think about ways you can mutually benefit and excite your audience. That could take the form of something more formal, such as co-authoring a white paper, or something more light-hearted, such as taking over each other’s Instagram accounts for a day.
3) Don’t Be Afraid to Take Advantage of Social Advertising
Growing your social following organically is the best and cheapest way to bolster your social presence. It is incredibly hard in most cases, though, especially considering Facebook’s well-known bias against corporate pages.
Even a small campaign to boost awareness could provide the momentum you need to allow for organic growth.
The first and most important component to the success of your social campaigns is to know your audience. The best aspect of social advertising is that targeting is incredibly robust. If you know your target audience well, you can likely focus on them very specifically, which will ensure that you end up with a social following that engages with your brand.
How to use social advertising to grow your social following:
- Set your standard audience targeting first, but also experiment with some other targeting options, such as retargeting or similar audience’s settings that will target those with demographics akin to your current audience.
- Utilize a mix of ads that promote your page with ads that promote helpful content to strike an ideal balance of self-promotion and providing benefit to your audience.
Conclusion on how to gain more likes
Growing a strong social following is the first step towards being able to fully leverage your social channels. Of course, it’s important that this audience is comprised of your ideal audience, that they’re interested in what your business does, and that you supply them with the information they want to consume.
Tags: helpful tips, how to gain more likes, Social Media, social media marketing, social media marketing strategy, social media strategy, triks and tips