With Google completely dominating the web search industry with a massive 78% market share, more and more SEO experts have been solely directing their efforts to rank their site only on Google. But with Google not taking any signs of shady SEO techniques lightly, the SEO game has become more challenging than ever.
However, we will help you find out how you can discover some great link building opportunities and techniques that are reasonably safe yet highly effective, using advanced search operators search queries that not many know about. With that said, let’s just cut to the chase now.
Finding Different Types of Link Building Opportunities
1) Guest Posting Opportunities
Guest posts are still believed to be a considerably safe way of getting high-quality links. However, finding sites that accept guest posts in your niche can be quite a hassle – not if you know how to go about searching for them the right way, though.
You can use some of the following search queries to search for guest–posting opportunities in your niche.
- Keyword/your competitor’s name “guest blog”
- Keyword/your competitor’s name “write for us”
- Keyword/your competitor’s name “become a contributor”
- Keyword/your competitor’s name inurl: contributors
Example: Lose weight (keyword)/loseweight.com (your competitor) “write for us”
2) Resource link building
This is probably one of the easiest ways to build a lot of quality links. Unlike guest–posting, it doesn’t even involve having to offer a lot of high-quality content to sites in your niche. You may be able to execute resource link building strategies successfully if you have highly informative and useful content on your site.
Here are the search queries you can use for finding resource link building opportunities:
- Keyword “top 10 resources”/”top resources”
- Keyword “top 10 sites”/”top sites”
- Keyword “top 10 websites”/”top websites”
- Keyword “recommended resources”/”suggested sites”
- Keyword “favorite resources”
- Keyword “intitle: resources”
- Keyword “intitle:list”
- Keyword inurl:links/resources (very effective)
3) Listing Your Website
There are many sites out there that allow you to submit or list your site. The kind of link you get from these sites isn’t believed to be the most valuable, but it certainly does help. Moreover, it’s incredibly easy to get these links.
The following search queries may help you find sites that allow submitting your site to them.
- Keyword “add a site”/”submit site”/”suggest site”
- Keyword “add a URL”/”submit URL”/”suggest URL”
You can also use some of the advanced search operators to find more sites, as explained below.
- Keyword intitle:submit/add/recommend/ suggest article
- Keyword inurl:”directory”
4) Donating to Non-Profit Organizations to Get Links
Many non-profit organizations are asking for donations to fund their cause and to support their operations. Some of them also offer sponsorship, although that usually costs more.
Many of them list their donors and sponsors on their site and also link out to their sites if the donor submits an URL with their donation. This is a pretty unique way of getting quality links (non-profit organizations tend to attract links naturally from many highly established online publications) while also helping the society in some way.
You can use search queries listed below to find such opportunities.
- “donate to”
- “donate for”
Have a look at this Infographic to know more about Link Building Opportunities
Tags: backlink building, best link building techniques, link building strategies, link building tips, seo link building, seo techniques
Created by SEO Optimizers