Today I am excited to Interview Network Marketing Leader from United Kingdom – Nicky Price. She is having tremendous amount of knowledge about Network Marketing industry. She’s is listed among top leaders out there in the industry.
Note: In the Interview Nicky has shared certain mind blowing network marketing tips for you, so you can bookmark this page for future reference.
Now without wasting any time lets get started.
Interview with Network Marketing Leader
1. Hello Nicky, Welcome to VineetGupta.net. Kindly introduce yourself to our readers?
Hi Vineet, and thanks for the opportunity! – My name is Nicky Price and I am a busy wife and Mum of two children living in a village just outside of London in the UK with our chocolate Labrador called “Archie”. I love life and I love to travel, and I have a bit of an adventurous streak.
I have parachuted off mountain tops, I’ve surfed, I’ve swum with stingrays and dolphins, I’ve ridden horses for a lot of my life and I love skiing. But what makes me truly happy is spending time with close friends and family simply sitting down, sharing a good meal and some drinks and enjoying life.
But my life wasn’t always like that! After 25 years in Corporate IT – I got married and after the birth of my second child my job became difficult to manage as my daughter was plagued with ear infections which meant a lot of time off work to look after her.
The travelling to the office and then rushing back to the nursery was also exhausting and I felt like I just didn’t have the work/life balance right. It was then that I started to look into ways of working from home so that I could spend more time with my children.
2. Hmm, okay. Nicky, in your words what is Network Marketing & How you came into Network Marketing?
I came across `network marketing when someone put a flier through my door. I went to a presentation and saw someone draw the circles (you know the ones I mean?!) and from that moment – all I could see was FREEDOM! Here is what exactly I feel about Network Marketing.
Sadly once I had been told to contact everyone I knew (and I didn’t want to do that!) – my sponsor pretty much “disowned me” and left me to figure out another way.
So the traditional prospecting methods of recruitment that I was being taught just didn’t work for me because I was uncomfortable doing it. After a successful corporate job, I actually felt that it was degrading to stand out in the street and hand out fliers (which was the only alternative my sponsor could suggest!) and so of course my results reflected what I was feeling.
And this is a VERY important point to note. If you don’t actually believe in what you’re doing – then it just won’t happen for you because there will be many people who will try and persuade you NOT to get involved in this sort of business. (Which is of course from so called “well meaning” people who have never truly understood that Network Marketing is one of the most powerful business models in the world today!)
Is Network Marketing the Best Business Model? Check out here!
3. And, what is YOUR REASON to do Network Marketing business?
My reason and my biggest “why” is most definitely so that I could spend more time with the children – but once you achieve what you want – then it becomes about something else – something much deeper. It is no longer the WHY it is more about “WHO” as in who you want to become – what you feel you are truly born to do and what legacy you can leave and who you can help along the way.
A great exercise I get my team to do is to imagine they had $100m in the bank that had been earned from their business. That they were living their dream life and could do anything they want to. We get them to talk about what their dream life would look like and what is it they are doing each day.
This is a very powerful exercise as most people these days spending more time planning their annual vacation than they do on mapping out the direction of their life.
When you realise that there are pretty much NO limits to what you can achieve, then the mind will start to open up to new and exciting opportunities and experiences.
4. That’s called following Law of Attraction 😉 What you will suggest to people who have just started with Network Marketing?
My biggest piece of advice I would give to people who are just getting started is to “learn your trade”. No-one gets to be 6-figure earners just by sponsoring 5 people unless you know exactly what you’re doing.
You wouldn’t expect to walk into a Lawyers role and expect to make a 6-figure income with no training would you? Yet people expect to come into Network Marketing and earn a 5-figure month in their first couple of months!
Investing in your own personal development is absolutely key to success. Become a life long “student” and focus on seeking out mentors who are achieving exactly what you want to achieve and sticking close to them will dramatically speed up the learning curve.
5. What should be Daily Routine to be a Successful Leader in Network Marketing?
To be a leader of a big team that duplicates well – my advice is to create a sense of independence from your team as soon as possible and to actually tell your new sign up that this is your goal too! Now before you think I’ve gone quite mad – let me explain that.
I have built two teams in two different businesses both to five figure months – in my first team, I did a LOT to help and support the team – I used to do webinars when I was still working full time and really didn’t feel like doing them, I did a co-op advertising funnel, I did sales pages, capture pages, I wrote emails for them to use and they loved it.
But when I had to take some time off when my Mum was very ill…….everybody just stopped working. This was a bit of a lightbulb moment for me and I realised that I wasn’t “allowing” my team to develop into leaders because of how much I did for them.
A top marketing friend of mine once described this exact scenario as this:
“If you don’t learn the skills of network marketing, but choose to just tap in to what I have available that is done for you, then you are not a true business owner – you are simply a cog in the wheel of MY business”.
So in my business today – my daily structure consists of:
1) 30 mins audio training (whilst I walk the dog!) or reading
2) 30 mins personal development/webinar training whilst eating my breakfast
3) Creation of blog post, video or some form of content for my blog/YouTube site that is either providing a solution to a problem, a training or a motivational piece of content
4) Syndicating that content to my social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and to my email list.
5) Creating or tweaking existing advertising campaigns to ensure new people are joining my subscriber list daily.
6) Answering questions in my private team facebook group
7) Dealing with any emails / applications to work with me
8) New affiliate welcome calls
9) Once a week – Google hangout training
6. Great! You seemed to have developed a great habit. By the way how do you manage to keep yourself & your Team Motivated?
I am very self motivated because I have my goals (in picture form) in front of me and each day I take some time to focus on them and imagine that I have already achieved them and how good that feels. As I reach my goals I create new ones so that I am always growing as a person.
For my team , we have new member start up sessions where we go through an ideal daily action blueprint for them and I explain that their motivation has to come from within. I encourage goal mapping and vision boards so that they are happy to get started on their “work” each day to get them closer to their dream life.
I am very active in our team Facebook group and regularly answer questions plus providing motivational business building tips and I encourage others to do the same.
7. How People react when they know you are into Network Marketing?
I hardly ever tell people!!! Are you shocked??Haha!
I market ‘online’ and am no longer affiliated with what you would call a traditional Network Marketing type company – more a Company with digital products, high commissions and an MLM type pay plan to leverage residual income.
My friends and family know that I work from home. That’s it. Without them knowing – they have all at some time been indirectly prospected by me and based on their responses, most did not have the need or desire to change anything in their lives right now.
(Hint: Learning how to prospect professionally and discreetly is a very important skill to learn – this way you will never have people crossing the road from you to avoid you, or ignoring your calls!! 😉
8. Tell our readers a Million Dollar question – How to become Successful in Network Marketing business?
Here are the best tips I can give on how to be successful in what you do.
1) Write down what you want to achieve and by when – not having a goal to work towards is like jumping in a car and not knowing where you’re going. Putting real emotion into this phase is vital – simply saying I want to earn $10k a month will NOT pull you through the tough days. Your goals need to be focused on what this amount will actually do for your life.
Hint: It’s not the actual money in your hand that changes your life – it’s what you can DO with it, so establishing this early on is key to mapping your goals and dream life.
2) Work with your sponsor on a daily activity plan that will get you on your path to achieve your goals. And then STICK to it.
3) Find a product or service you can be really interested and passionate about
Be a ‘product’ of the product so that you can talk about it with genuine emotion.
4) Take responsibility for everything that you do. If something didn’t quite work out the way you thought it would – don’t blame other people. Just look in the mirror and remember “if it’s going to be, it’s down to me.!”
5) Be someone who always asks how people are – be interested in others so that you can find out if there is a need or desire for what you have to offer. Work on being a “positive” person all the time – someone that others will gravitate towards. It makes for a much more enjoyable life.
6) Always remember never to ‘pitch’ your business to anyone who will listen. What we have is a genuine solution to a lot of people’s problems and we can share it but only when it is appropriate. As marketers we are simply problem solvers whether you do this online or offline – the principal is the same.
Learn the skill of asking questions and then listening to what their problems are in their life to see if what you have may help them.
7) Commit to working your business every single day.
8) Be consistent!
9) Staying focused is absolutely key
10) Never, never, never give up – No-one starts out good at what they do – you can learn all the skills you need for Network marketing in a relatively short space of time.
9. Thanks Nicky for sharing such precious piece of information. Why Network Marketing is better than being an Employee?
For a lot of people, it won’t be.
And that’s because many people are truly not prepared to do what it takes to build a successful business.
But for those that do, the life you truly want is waiting for you.
10. Any Secret Tip or Message you like to share to help fellow Network Marketers?
Dream BIG – if you have nay-sayers around you , then surround yourself with positive people who are achieving what you want to achieve – join focus groups of like minded people and attend all of your Company’s live events so that you can get round the people who are truly achieving. And of course never, never, ever give up on your dreams!
If you are working your business online then finding a mentor who is already achieving what you want in the way that you want to do it will be a big help.
That’s pretty awesome Nicky. Thanks a ton for sharing such great network marketing tips. You are truly one of the best network marketing leader.
To Blog Audience:
I hope you got some value from this Interview with Nicky Price. If you would like to find out more about Nicky, then head over to her Blog. You can also connect with her on Facebook. She also have a free Facebook coaching group where anyone can ask any questions they like.
Meet another Female Dynamic Network Marketing Leader – Anita Poole